Technical Support - outdated
System StatusNo known issues at this time.
First, make sure your computer and network meet the System Requirements:
- 2 GHz Intel dual-core processor (note that this is a requirement for the operating system to run conferencing software, not specifically for GP5)
- 4 GB RAM required (6 GB RAM recommended -- this is a recommendation for the operating system to run well, not just for GP5)
- Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 (*).
- Macintosh: Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (*)
- USB headset
- High speed internet (FiOS, cable or DSL) with 256 kbps upload or higher. Note that satellite and mobile internet are generally not suitable for internet conferencing (the issue with them is instability and delay, more than speed). You may use them, but we will not be able to support them. GP5 has special settings for low-speed networks, so let Tech Support know if you need those.
- Standard home router with SIP audio allowed and with no additional port blocking. If you are connecting from a business or school, you may have trouble because of their additional firewall blocks. If you have increased your home router's security, you may need to adjust your adjustments to allow GP5 to work through it.
Then install and test the classroom software:
- Log into your StudyPlace account. (If you don't have a StudyPlace account, please create one. It is free, and all you need is your name and email address.)
- On your StudyPlace desktop, click the Start button (on top).
- Click GP5 Setup.
- Follow the setup steps provided from there.
Registered Families and Enrolled StudentsGo to class. Set up your student username and password, and go to your live class meeting in GP5.
Keep your GP5 software updated. Normally the software alerts you, and you can update from within the software, when it alerts you. If the auto-update fails, or if you are directed by TPS Tech to manually update, please manually download and install the newest version of the GatherPlace software: Windows (184.108.40.206) | Mac (220.127.116.11).
Knowledge Base articles. Most of what people ask is already in our FAQs. They are thorough and searchable. Please check there first.
Live Support. Our trained support staff can help you with admin questions, tech issues, and class activities -- pretty much anything except help doing your homework. If we can't help you immediately, we can elevate the discussion to a supervisor or engineer who can, without you having to repeat yourself.